Re: [std-proposals] int Func(void) noreentry(-1)

From: Thiago Macieira <thiago_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 18:24:28 -0800
On Sunday, 12 February 2023 17:18:47 PST Frederick Virchanza Gotham via Std-
Proposals wrote:
> In some people's minds,
> this is seen as precedent that goes toward justifying my new idea. But
> why should I need a precedent? Even if no other language feature
> caused an opaque increase in the size of each object, why can't I
> suggest a new features that does?

You don't need a precedent. You misunderstood my intention; I apologise that I
wasn't explicit enough.

My point was that any change to the class layout needs to be visible to all
users of said class, whether they are implementing the functions in that class
or they are simply using it.