Re: [std-proposals] set_new_handler extension

From: Jens Maurer <jens.maurer_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 19:03:16 +0100
On 12/02/2023 18.50, Phil Bouchard wrote:
> On 2/12/23 12:44, Jens Maurer wrote:
>> Beyond that, different people in the committee have different opinions
>> what is in-scope for that portability goal and what isn't.
>>
>> Oh, and I don't know what you mean by "perfectly robust".
>
> Perfectly robust means to drop cybersecurity issues related to memory
> allocation issues which is currently 70% down to 0% just by using the
> cutting edge standards.

Could you please elaborate on that with more details?

How, exactly, should the standard be changed to reach that goal, and why
do you believe such a change would fix all "cybersecurity" issues related
to memory allocation? A pointer to some paper describing (and delineating)
the security issues you refer to would be most welcome.

Thanks,
Jens