Re: [std-proposals] set_new_handler extension

From: Jens Maurer <jens.maurer_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 18:44:33 +0100
On 12/02/2023 18.38, Phil Bouchard via Std-Proposals wrote:

>>> That solution is only temporary because who knows is Google plans to
>>> maintain TC Malloc forever?
>>
>> What does that have to do with the C++ standard? What if Microsoft stops
>> maintaining Windows? What if the C++ committee decides to close up shop?
>
> Well isn't the goal of having ISO standards to make not only
> maintainable applications but perfectly robust as well?

The goal of the ISO C++ standard is primarily to enable portability of
applications between one implementation (compiler, linker, hardware etc)
and another.

Beyond that, different people in the committee have different opinions
what is in-scope for that portability goal and what isn't.

Oh, and I don't know what you mean by "perfectly robust".

Jens