Re: [std-proposals] set_new_handler extension

From: Thiago Macieira <thiago_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 19:48:01 -0800
On Saturday, 11 February 2023 19:08:01 PST Phil Bouchard wrote:
> ntdll.dll actually.

Yes and no. That's a library that comes with the OS that you must link to. You
don't have an option, if you use Windows. Therefore, either this library can
be used under the certification in question or Windows is not acceptable for
the certification. I understand that's where the HeapAlloc and AllocateHeap
functions come from, but you don't have to use those to manage memory.

The other ones I mentioned aren't mandatory. They are added automatically by
the toolchain of your choice. Therefore, if you have toolchain requirements
that the Microsoft tools can't meet, you can shop around for an option that
does meet it. This other solution can use very basic ntdll functions like
VirtualAlloc to allocate large block of virtual memory and manage individual
allocations by itself.