Re: [std-proposals] set_new_handler extension

From: Jonathan Wakely <cxx_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 01:30:22 +0000
On Sat, 11 Feb 2023, 23:45 Phil Bouchard via Std-Proposals, <
std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> They already do partially with the "static" keywords and all the
> attributes.

What does the 'static' keyword have to do with dynamic libraries?

> But I seriously think the standards should consider linker issues
> because right now nothing prevents Microsoft from blacklisting and
> making crash competitor's products.
>
> If you have an application that is ISO certified then it you should also
> guarantee the low level allocation routines will never crash as well.

What does ISO certified mean?

It sounds like you want something very specific to Windows, not ISO C++.
The standard already says you can replace new/delete. If it doesn't work on
Windows today, changing the standard probably won't help.