Re: [std-proposals] std::array with enum class for size

From: Edward Catmur <ecatmur_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 23:26:10 +0100
On Fri, 22 Jul 2022, 18:23 Thiago Macieira via Std-Proposals, <
std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Friday, 22 July 2022 09:13:13 PDT Jefferson Carpenter via Std-Proposals
> wrote:
> > If so (if existing proposals are moving in this direction), great - if
> > not, I might be interested in working to make this possible.
>
> You need reflection. You're not going to get any traction on a proposal
> that
> doesn't use reflection.

Indeed.

There's very little chance of this taking the same name as std::array,
since that takes an unsigned and this would take a typename.

Also, how would you handle non contiguous enumerations?

I've recently implemented this using Boost Describe for reflection, and
it's very useful, but these need answering.