Re: [std-proposals] Explicit keyword for template parameters

From: Thiago Macieira <thiago_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 09:36:18 -0300
On Friday, 25 March 2022 07:47:07 -03 Frederick Virchanza Gotham via Std-
Proposals wrote:
> and this is exactly the behaviour I want.
>
> I think we should make use of the "explicit" keyword to disable
> argument-based template parameter deduction, as follows:

If you have the exact behaviour you want, why do we need another way to do the
same thing? You have not addressed that in your proposal.

Getting a core language change requires convincing evidence that all other
alternative avenues are either impossible or impractical. Your seems to be
very practical, just requiring a little more typing.