Re: Explicit alias template specialization

From: Matheus Izvekov <mizvekov_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 16:21:32 +0100
I agree with Nicolas that TAD on alias templates could work in
principle, there are just implementation difficulties. For example,
until very recently, clang would only consider the canonical form of
parameters and arguments, which would discard alias templates. Fixing
that would be a prerequisite for implementing this.

One problem that I see though is that this would make them pretty much
opaque when dependent template arguments are involved, which would
weaken our ability to perform template type checking (which allows us
to diagnose typing issues in templates even before they are
instantiated).