Re: std::parent_of_member

From: language.lawyer_at <language.lawyer_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2021 04:16:51 +0300
On 06/11/2021 03:42, Michael Scire via Std-Proposals wrote:
> Is that to suggest the whole proposal is a no-go, then?

No. To suggest that implementing something like parent_of_member in «conforming C++» would require more changes than P1839R2 introduces.
It is a question to compiler developers: how much they rely on the fact that one can't, in general, go from a member subobject to its containing object and if they do, do they want to stop relying on this.