Re: Memory safety guarantees

From: Giuseppe D'Angelo <giuseppe.dangelo_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 22:11:09 +0200
Hi,

On 22/04/2021 22:02, Thomas Neumann via Std-Proposals wrote:

> I would like to improve memory safety in C++, but before writing a real
> proposal (and implementing a prototype) I would like to get some
> feedback whether you think this is a useful direction.

Just a few observations:

1) An implementation before the proposal would be an absolute necessity.
Nothing stops you from doing it, today, in 100% legal C++, given you an
always define your implementation-specific attributes with your custom
semantics.

2) Are you familiar with the lifetime proposal? How is yours interacting
with it? https://wg21.link/p1179

Thanks,

--
Giuseppe D'Angelo | giuseppe.dangelo_at_[hidden] | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts