Subject: [std-proposals] Explicit default parameters with the keyword default
From: sasho648 (sasho648_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-12-29 12:35:35

Hello so I have some functions that I want to specify for example the very
last argument but there are default parameter preceding it that I don't
want to touch. I suggest to allow the use of the `default` keyword to fill
those with their default values. Here is an example:

int func(int a, int b = 6, int c = 7, int d = 8);

Here I want to only set the last d parameter without touching the b and c,
leaving them default so my call would look something like this:

func(a, default, default, 10);

I hope you understand what my suggestion is and its purpose.

Thanks.