Subject: Re: [std-proposals] Diamond dependencies and modules
From: Jake Arkinstall (jake.arkinstall_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-01-22 07:06:26

In general this is something external to the standard, as it's more of a
linking/package management issue rather than a language one.

The ideal solution would be to have version data included in name mangling.
It can be done manually with version namespaces. Automating it depends on
which versioning system is being used by each project, and in general
becomes an ecosystem problem, with which (IMO) the standard should maintain
a clear separation in order to prevent unnecessary complexity in projects
that don't need such functionality.