Subject: Re: [std-proposals] Make class template parameters available externally
From: Ville Voutilainen (ville.voutilainen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-10-30 17:22:56

On Thu, 31 Oct 2019 at 00:15, Jake Arkinstall <jake.arkinstall_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> This seems to be starting a journey on the road where the benefit
>> is not worth the cost.
> From where I stand the cost is worth it. Fewer junk names, cleaner STL code, I'm all for it.

This facility will introduce additional #ifdefs in "STL code" in the
short-to-medium term. If this proposal has a palatable rationale,
that rationale will be outside standard library implementations. It's
otherwise a fairly interesting idea, but it does suffer from
the downside that it exposes names that weren't designed to be exposed
in some existing class templates.