Re: Make class template parameters available externally

From: Ville Voutilainen <ville.voutilainen_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 00:22:56 +0200
On Thu, 31 Oct 2019 at 00:15, Jake Arkinstall <jake.arkinstall_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> This seems to be starting a journey on the road where the benefit
>> is not worth the cost.
> From where I stand the cost is worth it. Fewer junk names, cleaner STL code, I'm all for it.

This facility will introduce additional #ifdefs in "STL code" in the
short-to-medium term. If this proposal has a palatable rationale,
that rationale will be outside standard library implementations. It's
otherwise a fairly interesting idea, but it does suffer from
the downside that it exposes names that weren't designed to be exposed
in some existing class templates.