Subject: Re: [std-proposals] Make class template parameters available externally
From: Dmitry (dimanne_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-10-30 16:51:51

> So, basically,
>
> 1) when looking for a nested name, do normal lookup
> 2) if that didn't find anything, look into the template parameters
>
> If I then _don't_ want to expose such a template parameter name, what do I
> do?

Looks like you have not read my proposal :)
Here is an excerpt from it:

What if I did not want to redefine them?
First of all, it turns out that they are a crucial part of an interface and
often or always are of interest to end-users. A quick survey of STL shows
that all containers declare all their template parameters and make them
available to users.
Secondly, if there will be found a compelling enough argument for having
the possibility to disable the feature, an approach similar to "= delete"
can be adopted.
(or you can declare them in private section, as an alternative)

--
Dmitry
*Sent from gmail*