Re: Beyond regex

From: Arthur O'Dwyer <arthur.j.odwyer_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 10:39:57 -0400
On Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 3:17 PM Dejan Milosavljevic via Std-Proposals <
std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 1. Point of proposal is Lex it self. This is one of possible
> implementation.
> 2. Open question: is there regex_search complexity guarantee?
> 3. Next step should be something like `yacc`. Covering Type-2 or
> Type-3 grammars will be very helpful.
>
> And as usual allow small inconsistency and incompleteness.
>
> Document: https://github.com/dmilos/cpp_proposal/blob/master/lex.md

Received. I assume nobody's responding because it's not a very widely
interesting proposal, and doesn't have any motivation.
It sounds like you're describing a library that you could implement
yourself and put on GitHub, where anyone could use it regardless of
standardization. Have you tried implementing it? Is the implementation
useful to you? Is the implementation useful to others?

HTH,
Arthur