Re: [RFC] String_view support for regex

From: Arthur O'Dwyer <arthur.j.odwyer_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2019 13:05:44 -0400
Hi Mark, here's some mostly minor review comments.

I think your Section 6.1 should express a preferred direction, and a
rationale for why it's the best. You have implemented exactly one of these
directions in your branch, right? Which one, and why?

Your Section 2 says that the second draft revision "removed
string_view_type from basic_regex and regex_traits." This is true, but it
distracted me when I discovered that string_view_type was still mentioned
in the proposed wording, as a member of sub_match and match_results. I
would like to see you mention in Section 2: "Removed string_view_type from
basic_regex and regex_traits (but it is still present in sub_match and
match_results)."

Your wording for [re.regex.assign] still depends
on`basic_regex::string_view_type`. I think it should say
`basic_string_view<charT>` instead of `string_view_type`.

TeX nit: At the top of page 13, in [re.submatch.op]'s "Returns" element,
you have the wrong kind of `<<`.
TeX nit: [re.alg.replace]/3 on page 17 seems to lose teletype font in the
middle of an underscore.

In [re.alg.replace]/1.2, could you just define the effects for all three
overloads in terms of `m.format(out, string_view_type(fmt), flags)`?

–Arthur