Subject: Re: [std-proposals] Allowing access to object representations
From: Timur Doumler (cpp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-07-29 15:25:35

I am probably missing something here, but can't we solve this in C++20 by doing a std::bit_cast<std::byte[sizeof(T)]>?

Also, it would be very helpful if your paper provided a full code example showing before/after (i.e. something that is UB today but behaves differently with the changes you propose).

Cheers,
Timur