Re: Allowing access to object representations

From: sdkrystian <sdkrystian_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 08:34:58 -0400
Jake, you're thinking about it the wrong way. There exists no char object to bind to. None. The standard does not provide any way for you to do so. What language-lawyer and I have been writing are directly what the standard says. The standard says nothing about it binding to the first byte or any nonsense like that, it explicitly states that it will still point to the original object, no question about it, and the indirection operator will unambiguously yield the original object.It does not matter what cppreference says, this is what the standard says. It might not be intended, but this is currently how it works.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
null