C++ Logo

std-discussion

Re: std::apply and adl get

From: Peter Sommerlad (C++) <"Peter>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 21:21:11 +0200
As the author of the initial spec for apply (after its implementation
was available as an example in the standard, I think that when apply was
specified, structured bindings weren't invented yet, and nobody thought
about applying apply to something that is not a tuple. I would say that
structured bindings were the reason to expand the possibilities to
non-tuples and allowing therefore the customization.

So the first question, what is your use case? and why? Is it just for
symmetry? Or is there something useful.

Regards
Peter.

--
Peter Sommerlad
Better Software: Consulting, Training, Reviews