C++ Logo

std-discussion

Re: Why does overload resolution fail in this simple case?

From: jim x <xmh970252187_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 23:11:08 +0800
Your suggestion is similar with [over.match.best#general-2.3]
<https://eel.is/c++draft/over.match.best#general-2.3>. However, for your
second example, I think it's necessary to be ambiguous. Compare two
different user-defined conversions does not make sense, which is the intent
of [over.ics.rank#3.3] <https://eel.is/c++draft/over.ics.rank#3.3>. Except
for that, two user-defined conversion sequences are indistinguishable.

Hani Deek via Std-Discussion <std-discussion_at_[hidden]>
于2020年12月30日周三 下午9:32写道: