C++ Logo

std-discussion

Re: What is the difference between "Throws: Nothing." and noexcept(true)

From: Peter C++ <peter.cpp_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 14:26:21 +0200
Just to make my statement:

Those functions use their return value to do error reporting. I would be shocked about a design that additionally would throw exceptions.

And they pretend to be low level.

Should I file a library issue to make them noexcept. Or is that too much of Design that lewg needs to be involved?

Regards
Peter

sent from a mobile device so please excuse strange words due to autocorrection.
Peter Sommerlad
peter.cpp_at_[hidden]
+41-79-432 23 32