C++ Logo

std-discussion

Re: Header unit importation syntax

From: Maris Razvan <razvyboy2004_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2019 08:36:41 +0300
Thank you for your answer.

I read more about the import directive and I came to the following
conclusion: a line containing "import pp-tokens;" is a preprocessing
directive (as stated in eel.is/c++draft/cpp#1) and it should be first
processed by the preprocessor (in case it matches the first two
production rules of the pp-import non-terminal macro definitions
should be imported). Next, the same line should be then translated
(processed by the compiler), even if it matches the first two
production rules or the third one, correct? However, being a
preprocessing directive, it is deleted at the end of translation phase
4. Therefore it cannot be seen by the compiler, right?