C++ Logo

std-discussion

Re: Safe Integer Types (P0228R0)

From: John McFarlane <john_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2019 12:28:24 +0100
P0554 mentions an run-time-only overflow handler, `overflow_integer`
(similar to P0228's type) and a compile-time overflow avoider,
`elastic_integer`. They ought to find their way into a numeric TS, the
beginnings of which -- fingers-crossed -- will be in the post-Cologne
mailing.

Christopher: the unique_function paper is a typo, that's actually P0288.
Use https://wg21.link/p0228r0 to get Robert's paper.