Re: [SG5] Mar 9 meeting notes, next meeting

From: Hans Boehm <boehm_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 14:18:46 -0800
A couple of comments that occurred to me after the fact:

1. Looking at the specification of synchronized_pool_resource (which I
think is what we were talking about), I think it's
synchronization characteristics are underspecified. But if they were fully
and correctly specified then it should probably not be usable inside
transactions. Alternatively, it could perhaps get malloc-like treatment,
but that seems overkill for something I haven't yet seen used.

2. We unfortunately didn't get around to shared_ptr/weak_ptr.
Reference counts can be observed with either use_count() or weak_ptr, so I
think they have to be excluded. Are there any other library facilities that
need to be excluded because they use shared_ptr or the like internally?
Std::future presumably doesn't count because it's already excluded?

Hans