Subject: Suggested draft TS for TM-light
From: Jens Maurer (Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-01-09 15:06:30

Hi!

After today's teleconference, I couldn't resist, so
I created a draft TS for TM-light, mostly copying
from Victor's Google doc. See attached.

The new part is in 8.8, where we decree implementation-defined
behavior when "bad" things are evaluated inside an atomic block.

Possibly surprising changes vs. the status quo of the discussion:

 - constexpr functions only
(as explained in the teleconference, the compiler might not retain
other functions from the same translation unit)

 - throw-expressions are forbidden entirely
(Did we want to require support for throw/catch within the atomic
block? Seems more-than-minimal.)

 - Coroutines are forbidden entirely.
(I haven't seen talk about them vs. TM. Also, they have funny
control flow.)

This would be in time to submit to the pre-Prague meeting,
for SG1 and EWG amusement there, if I get approval on this list
until Monday.

I've added all participants to the authors list, please complain
if that's wrong.

Jens

SG5 list run by herb.sutter at gmail.com

Older Archives on Google Groups