Re: [SG20] A draft paper to fix the range-based for loop to make it teachable

From: Yehezkel Bernat <yehezkelshb_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 11:41:07 +0200
I haven't read the paper yet (answering from my phone), but I heard you
mentioning the problem and your suggested solution for it before (I think
it was in a keynote of a conference or maybe in cppcast episode, or both).
So I'm sorry if your paper already discussing everything I'm saying below.
I promise to read it through later :)

1. I don't think this was discussed before. Thanks for bringing this up.

2. I agree this is an issue, and even range-based for loop with initializer
doesn't fully solve it as we still have to be careful when to use the
initializer and what part of the expression should be there.

3. IMHO, the best and simplest solution is to use std::ranges::for_each,
because it holds the temporary till the end of the loop due to the function
call semantics.