Re: [SG20] glossary of modern C++ terms

From: Arthur O'Dwyer <arthur.j.odwyer_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 12:48:59 -0500
Besides https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/language ,
I'll throw out a plug for my own glossary of C++ *acronyms* (but only
acronyms):
https://quuxplusone.github.io/blog/2019/08/02/the-tough-guide-to-cpp-acronyms/

FWIW, I don't consider "magma" to be a C++ term. I don't even consider it
to be a common *mathematical* term — it's certainly less common than
"group" or even "ring". The only WG21 proposal that even mentions "magmas"
that I'm aware of is Chris Di Bella's P1813R0 "A Concept Design for the
Numeric Algorithms"
<http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2019/p1813r0.pdf>. Besides
concept "magma" it provides concepts for "semigroup", "monoid",
"quasigroup", "loop", "group", "abelian_group", "weak_magmaring", and
"near_semiring".
C++ programmers don't need to know any of those terms. (I present that
statement as a self-evident truth.)

–Arthur