Re: [SG20] I've been asked to write a book

From: Schulung <schulung_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 17:50:52 +0100
On 23.11.19 15:45, Guy Cpp via SG20 wrote:

> Currently, my approach is to develop a table of contents, pitch to
> publishers, and write some prose. It's with the first part that I
> would most appreciate assistance.

If you are not sure what about the content, you can do it the other way
around.

Go for self-publishing. Involve potential readers and proofreaders early
in your book writing process and adapt the book to your reader's needs.
For example, I published my last book, although it was only 20 %
completed. Doing self-publishing also allows you to change the book even
if it is already published. With self-publishing, existing readers get
an update if you update your book.

I'm with Balog. Addressing learning programming, learning C++, and
learning game development seems for me too promising. Your book should
have one focus. Maybe, you can develop a game and as you go, introduce
C++ as your tool to achieve this task.

--
Modernes C++
Offene Seminare: