Re: [SG20] CppCon SG20 panel

From: Arthur O'Dwyer <arthur.j.odwyer_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 10:44:50 -0400
On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 8:55 AM rhkramer--- via SG20 <sg20_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> I get the impression this is a "real" panel rather than a virtual panel,
> iow,
> a real face to face meeting in a venue with an audience rather than an
> online
> thing?

Yes. The venue is CppCon (next week in Denver, Colorado).
https://cppcon2019.sched.com

   * Will it be recorded and be made available to view online by those of
> us
> who don't live in Colorado?

CppCon's main-program sessions and lightning talks are always recorded and
made available through the CppCon Youtube channel
<https://www.youtube.com/user/CppCon>.
However, lunchtime panels are generally billed as "Open Content" sessions,
which means they aren't recorded. (The camera operators have to eat lunch
sometime, too!) Therefore I would assume that this panel will not be
recorded.

Chris wrote:

> > We're looking for three or four CppCon attendees who'd be interested in
> > sitting on a panel to represent SG20. Please reply to this thread and cc
> > both Michał, if you're interested in being on the panel.

I'll probably be in attendance, but I suspect you could find someones both
more "academic" and more "SG20-involved" than me to be on the panel.

–Arthur