No SG16 meeting this week, 2023-12-13

From: Tom Honermann <tom_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 18:15:38 -0500
I am canceling the SG16 meeting scheduled for this Wednesday, December
13th due to a lack of sufficient agenda items. I had originally planned
to revisit P2873 (Remove Deprecated locale category facets for Unicode
from C++26) <https://wg21.link/p2873> and the LWG issues last discussed
during the 2023-10-25 SG16 meeting
<https://github.com/sg16-unicode/sg16-meetings#october-25th-2023> with
the intent to poll forwarding and proposed resolutions. However:

  * I think we're awaiting a revision of P2873 with expanded rationale
    (Alisdair, please let me know if that is not your understanding).
  * LWG 3767 (codecvt<charN_t, char8_t, mbstate_t> incorrectly added to
    locale) <https://wg21.link/lwg3767> is already in a ready state
    following LWG review in Kona.
  * I'm awaiting implementor feedback regarding LWG 2959
    (char_traits<char16_t>::eof is a valid UTF-16 code unit)
    <https://wg21.link/lwg2959> and the option to "just fix it". My
    request to implementors was just sent yesterday, so I don't expect
    to have collective feedback by Wednesday.
  * I started investigating why the restriction behind SG16 #33 (A
    correct codecvt facet that works with basic_filebuf can't do UTF
    conversions) <https://github.com/sg16-unicode/sg16/issues/33> exists
    and how implementations are impacted, but I haven't concluded that
    effort yet.

There are other papers that, I think, are ready for (continued) SG16
review, but since I haven't confirmed or requested authors to be
available, I'm not going to on such short notice.

So, that's a wrap for SG16 in 2023! We'll reconvene on 2024-01-10.

I hope you all enjoy a wonderful end of the year holiday season and that
you find peace, rest, and relaxation in the comfort of family and friends.

Tom.