Re: NB comment review: GB 5.2 [lex.phases] Clarification of wording on new-line and whitespace

From: Jens Maurer <jens.maurer_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 20:07:39 +0200
On 26/10/2022 19.57, Corentin Jabot via SG16 wrote:
> Further notes:
>
> SG-16 did review and agree with the wording.
>
> CWG asked for the wording to be changed to replace all whitespaces in phase 1.

No, that's not what CWG asked.

CWG asked to map all line-terminators to Unicode new-line in phase 1,
and define lexer new-line as exactly Unicode new-line, and then revert
all grammar changes introducing line-break for new-line.

Also, the paper was lacking phase 1 changes synchronized with the
current working draft.

The were musings about somehow conflating or concatenating multiple
whitespaces, but that didn't achieve consensus.

Jens