Seeking opinions regarding SG16 review of P1819 (Interpolated Literals)

From: Tom Honermann <tom_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 13:10:00 -0400
EWG is scheduled to review P1819 (Interpolated Literals)
<http://wg21.link/P1819> during its 2022-08-04 telecon. I believe EWG
will only be performing an initial review to provide feedback to the
author (CC'd). I won't be able to attend, but encourage other SG16
regulars to do so.

It is not obvious to me whether there are text related concerns
sufficient to justify SG16 spending time on this paper. Please respond
with any opinions you might have. If EWG expresses disinterest in the
paper, SG16 won't spend time on it unless I hear overwhelming support
that would suggest desire to challenge EWG's direction in that case.

One question SG16 could address is whether support for interpolated
strings should be extended to all string literal kinds. The paper
proposes f"text {expression}" but is silent regarding whether something
like u8f"text {expression}" or fL"text {expression}" should be supported
(and if so, whether there is an ordering requirement between the
encoding-prefix and the interpolated-string prefix). What other concerns
do you believe should fall under SG16 purview?

Tom.