Re: Agenda for the 2022-07-13 SG16 telecon; no official meeting

From: Tom Honermann <tom_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2022 11:49:30 -0400
On 7/9/22 11:41 AM, Tom Honermann via SG16 wrote:

> There are currently no papers in a ready state
> <https://github.com/cplusplus/papers/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Asg16+-label%3Aneeds-revision>
> for SG16 review, nor do I have other topics in a state ready for
> discussion at this time. The SG16 telecon scheduled for Wednesday,
> July 13th, at 19:30 UTC (timezone conversion
> <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20220622T193000&p1=1440&p2=tz_pdt&p3=tz_mdt&p4=tz_cdt&p5=tz_edt&p6=tz_cest>)
> is therefore canceled.
>
> However, I am still going to hold the Zoom session with the intent
> that anyone that has the time and inclination to attend spend that
> time working on new SG16 related papers or discussing SG16 related
> topics or concerns; the goal being to spur generation of new papers.
> Attendance and meeting minutes will not be taken.
>
> Inspiration for new papers to initiate may be obtained by reviewing
> the SG16 open issues list
> <https://github.com/sg16-unicode/sg16/issues> (some of which are due
> to be closed following the upcoming plenary; I need to review). If you
> are aware of other ideas that are not currently being worked on and
> are not captured in the issues list, please feel free to reply with
> details or submit new issues.

Additional inspiration may be taken from the following open LWG issues
(I'm not aware of any open CWG issues that fall under SG16 purview).

  * LWG issue 3412: ยง[format.string.std] references to "Unicode
    encoding" unclear <https://cplusplus.github.io/LWG/issue3412>
  * LWG issue 3565: Handling of encodings in localized formatting of
    chrono types is underspecified
    <https://cplusplus.github.io/LWG/issue3565>

Tom.