Agenda for the 2022-03-09 SG16 telecon

From: Tom Honermann <tom_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 00:23:18 -0500
SG16 will hold a telecon on Wednesday, March 9th at 19:30 UTC (timezone
conversion
<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20220309T193000&p1=1440&p2=tz_pst&p3=tz_mst&p4=tz_cst&p5=tz_est&p6=tz_cet>).

The agenda is:

  * ICU features to consider for C++26

During our last telecon
<https://github.com/sg16-unicode/sg16-meetings#february-23rd-2022>, Jens
suggested the possibility of a roadmap towards providing support for the
ICU feature set in the C++ standard. To that end, I put together a
Google Doc
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1f-CLhYZIf_L0q1QBEqe2sVHyAofGx8Akt_xJKDGhcgA/edit?usp=sharing>
that lists categories of features that ICU provides. The doc contains a
table in which I have pre-populated indications of which features I
think might be reasonable for standardization in C++26. This is intended
to be less of a roadmap and more a list of features for which papers are
encouraged and that we would like to spend time on. Please feel free to
edit the doc to add comments or challenge my yes, no, and maybe
indications. The feature list is derived from the documented ICU Module
List
<https://unicode-org.github.io/icu-docs/apidoc/released/icu4c/#Module>.
It may be useful to peruse the ICU Feature Comparison Chart
<https://icu.unicode.org/charts/comparison> for additional features to
add (I haven't done so yet due to time limitations). It is likely that I
have misinterpreted what is provided by some of the feature categories
so if you see something that surprises you, please speak up!

Tom.