Re: [SG16] ISO10646 defect report

From: Jens Maurer <Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 14:18:48 +0100
On 29/11/2021 13.59, Peter Brett wrote:
> [...]

Well, from a WG21 perspective, I couldn't care less about the Unicode
Standard. The only thing that matters is ISO 10646. Since ISO 10646
and the Unicode Standard already differ substantially (and not only in
the aspects mention in your paper), I don't care for the wording
alignment in the particular area you've highlighted.
All I care about is a precisely-written ISO 10646, regardless of whether
that happens because wording from the Unicode Standard has been copied
that is precise or because new precise wording has been invented.

>> Beyond that, Note 3 in section 12 of ISO 10646:2020 (not Note 2 as
>> mentioned in the paper) suggests "0007 BELL", which is ambiguous
>> with U+1F514 BELL. This should use "ALERT" instead.
>
> I will add an additional issue.

Your paper refers to that note and suggests to copy its contents
as a workaround; I'm saying this suggestion is flawed because the
note is technically flawed.

Jens