[SG16] Agenda for the 2021-09-15 SG16 meeting

From: Peter Brett <pbrett_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 13:11:10 +0200
Hi all,

SG16 will hold a meeting on Wednesday, September 22nd at 19:30 UTC.

- P1636R2: Formatters for library types (Lars Gullik Bjønnes)
  https://wg21.link/p1636r2

  In discussion on lib-ext, Tomasz Kamiński raised concerns about the
  formatting of filesystem::path specified in P1636 [1]:

> There are a few design question regarding to the behavior,
> including:
>
> * the interaction with P2419R0 (Clarify handling of encodings in
> localized formatting of chrono types) - i.e. if the formatter should
> output utf8path() if format string is Unicode (SG16 question)
> * the question of quoting path by default, should it follow
> operator<< or make it configurable by format specs

  LEWG chairs have asked us to promptly review P1636 for possible
  text-processing and Unicode concerns and make sure that we are happy
  with it before it advances further. Please make time to review the
  paper and, if possible, share your comments on the SG16 mailing list in
  advance of our meeting.

- P2361R2: Unevaluated strings (Corentin Jabot, Aaron Ballman)
  https://wg21.link/p2361r2

  This proposal aims to improve the specification of strings that exist
  only at compile time. Because we've bumped this due to lack of time
  in the last couple of meetings, we'll make sure to reserve time to
  discuss it and conduct polls.

- P2348: Whitespaces Wording Revamp (Corentin Jabot)

  We discussed this paper in our last meeting, and identified some
  wording improvements [2]. Hopefully by our next meeting there will be
  an updated draft which we will be able to forward to EWG.

Best regards,

                            Peter

[1] https://lists.isocpp.org/lib-ext/2021/08/19739.php
[2] https://github.com/sg16-unicode/sg16-meetings#september-8th-2021