[SG16] SG16 meeting summary for August 25th, 2021

From: Peter Brett <pbrett_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 17:12:28 +0200
The summary for the SG16 meeting held August 25th, 2021 is now
available. For those who attended, please review and suggest
corrections:

- https://github.com/sg16-unicode/sg16-meetings#august-25th-2021

Two decisions were made at this meeting:

1. We polled to forward P2419R0 "Clarify handling of encodings in
   localized formatting of chrono types" to LEWG as the recommended
   resolution of LWG 3565.

   https://wg21.link/p2419r0
   https://cplusplus.github.io/LWG/issue3565

2. We polled to reject the proposed solution for LWG 3576 "Clarifying
   fill character in std::format" and to approve the alternative
   solution of requiring the fill character to be a codepoint.

   https://cplusplus.github.io/LWG/issue3576

Per our operating procedures, those who were not present for the polls
may raise dissenting positions over the next week with the goal of
initiating new discussion.

https://github.com/sg16-unicode/sg16/blob/master/OperatingProcedures.md

Best regards,

                     Peter