[SG16] Agenda for the 2021-07-28 SG16 telecon

From: Tom Honermann <tom_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 16:54:53 -0400
SG16 will hold a telecon on Wednesday, July 14th at 19:30 UTC (timezone
conversion
<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20210728T193000&p1=1440&p2=tz_pdt&p3=tz_mdt&p4=tz_cdt&p5=tz_edt&p6=tz_cest>).

  * LWG 3565: Handling of encodings in localized formatting of chrono
    types is underspecified <https://cplusplus.github.io/LWG/issue3565>
      o Discuss and poll the proposed resolution.
  * P2348R0: Whitespaces Wording Revamp <https://wg21.link/p2348r0>

Our challenges finding consensus for various aspects of P2093 as
discussed during our May 12th
<https://github.com/sg16-unicode/sg16-meetings#may-12th-2021>, May 26th
<https://github.com/sg16-unicode/sg16-meetings#may-26th-2021>, June 9th
<https://github.com/sg16-unicode/sg16-meetings#june-9th-2021>, and June
23rd <https://github.com/sg16-unicode/sg16-meetings#june-23rd-2021>
telecons has me concerned about finding consensus for a resolution to
LWG 3565. Please re-read the P2093 related minutes and polls in those
telecons prior to the meeting to refresh your memory of the encoding
related concerns previously discussed and polled. Any decision reached
on LWG 3565 is likely to be adopted by implementors in their C++20
conforming modes, and may serve as a precedent for P2093 and other
future papers, so it is important that we get this right. Note that the
proposed resolution does not address wide string support (e.g., whether
transcoding is performed for std::format(L"День недели: {}",
std::chrono::Monday)). It would be useful for us to start discussion
with a review of what current implementations actually do.

If we are fortunate enough to dispense with LWG 3565, we'll discuss
P2348R0. We have not previously discussed this paper, but we previously
discussed the topic when discussing P2178R1 proposal 2 during our August
26th, 2020 telecon
<https://github.com/sg16-unicode/sg16-meetings/blob/master/README-2020.md#august-26th-2020>.
I don't anticipate the motivation for this paper being contentious, so
please be prepared to discuss the proposed wording changes.

Tom.