Re: [SG16] Agenda for the 2021-07-14 SG16 telecon

From: Hubert Tong <hubert.reinterpretcast_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 12:23:19 -0400
The assumed prerequisite paper is P2314 and not P2223? I see "translation
character set" present in "unchanged context" in the wording.

For the requirement to provide a mechanism, this might be an improvement:
An implementation shall provide a mechanism to specify the result of the
determination that is independent of the content of the source file.

For the note, I think this is an improvement that would reduce the time
spent in CWG:
A command line option that specifies the encoding scheme to use as the
result of the determination is such a mechanism.

In the third paragraph of phase 1:
[ ... ], then the physical source file shall be a well-formed UTF-8
sequence.
Each UCS scalar value encoded in the UTF-8 sequence is mapped to the
corresponding element of the translation character set.

I'm not sure what to make of the situation around end-of-line indicators
yet. P2348, "Whitespaces Wording Revamp", is also floating in the mix.

-- HT