Re: [SG16] SG16 meeting summary for April 28th, 2021

From: Hubert Tong <hubert.reinterpretcast_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2021 10:35:11 -0400
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the notes! I want to clarify the following with the rationale
that I believe I did speak to during the meeting:

Hubert suggested that it makes sense to respect the locale parameter.
=>
Hubert noted that under the C++20 wording, implementations trying to
accomodate this tentative future direction may be more able to ignore the
global locale than an explicit locale argument. So, a change that maintains
respecting the locale parameter is more compatible with C++20.

Thanks,

Hubert Tong