Re: [SG16] SG16 meeting summary for March 24th, 2021

From: Alisdair Meredith <alisdairm_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2021 16:20:43 -0400
I’m still not sure I see it. The UB in [lex.phases]p2 is entirely when reverting changes
in raw string literals, and my understanding of this paper is the only raw string reversion
that remains is line splicing, and the presence of the newline character means that this
reversion could never produce a UCN - hence, that particular UB is no longer possible
as its circumstances can no longer occur.

I have no issue with the p4 UB moving into the preprocessor clause, merely wished to
highlight it with an editorial note or similar so that it was clear no UB was changing,
merely the place where it is documented is being moved, in the hope of avoiding this
kind of thread in a later discussion ;)

AlisdairM