Re: [SG16] P2194R0 The character set of C++ source code is Unicode

From: Steve Downey <sdowney_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 13:02:26 -0400
While I agree that UCNs are logically a Unicode Translation Format
(UTF), that is they are an encoding of Unicode code points, I don't
believe we can remove the translation to UCNs without fixing the rest
of the grammar, where we depend on matching UCNs for many productions.
The lexer believes that there are only basic source characters, and
anything outside that is in UCN form.
This should be fixable, since we are not changing any valid C++, but
it will be delicate.