Re: [SG16] P2194R0 The character set of C++ source code is Unicode

From: Peter Brett <pbrett_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 16:32:25 +0000
Hi Alisdair,

Thank you for the feedback. That's a very good suggestion, thank you. It ties into the suggested change to processing of UCNs that we've discussed a few times.

When you have a u8"" literal, the associated literal encoding is UTF-8. When you have a 'plain' "" string literal, the associated literal encoding is implementation-defined.

Best regards,

                      Peter