Subject: Re: Handling of non-basic characters in early translation phases
From: Tom Honermann (tom_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-06-20 15:45:24

On 6/20/20 6:14 AM, Jens Maurer via SG16 wrote:

> Tom, I think the question whether there should be allowance for pass-through of
> characters beyond Unicode should be up for a straw poll at the next telecon so
> that we can make progress here.

I agree, and we will poll that at the next telecon.

I'm not sure there actually is any disagreement regarding this
allowance.  The best I've been able to make of the discussion so far is
that there may be disagreement regarding whether, or to what extent, the
standard should explicitly acknowledge this allowance.  More discussion
may be needed to better clarify points of disagreement to ensure a
meaningful poll result.

Tom.