Subject: Fwd: [review] [text] Text formal review
From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-06-11 13:42:04
Members of SG16 are welcome to participate in the Boost formal review
for Zach Laine's Text library which commences today.
Note that you must be subscribed to the Boost mailing list in order to
post to it. You can subscribe to the Boost mailing list here:
https://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost . If you don't want
to subscribe, you can email your review to Zach Laine
(whatwasthataddress_at_[hidden]) or myself (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden]).
---------- Forwarded message ---------
Dear Boost community,
The formal review of Zach Laine's Unicode library, Text, begins today
(June 11th) and ends on June 20th.
The library provides three layers:
- The string layer, a set of types that constitute "a better std::string"
- The Unicode layer, consisting of the Unicode algorithms and data
- The text layer, a set of types like the string layer types, but
providing transparent Unicode support
The master branch of the repository will be frozen for the duration of
Text requires C++14 or higher, and supports GCC 5+, Clang 3.6+, and MSVC 2017.
Zach initially presented the library at C++Now in 2018. He also
intends to standardize a library solution for Unicode based on this
We encourage your participation in this review. At a minimum, kindly state:
- Whether you believe the library should be accepted into Boost
* Any conditions for acceptance
- Your name and knowledge of the problem domain.
You are strongly encouraged to also provide additional information:
- What is your evaluation of the library's:
- Did you attempt to use the library? If so:
* Which compiler(s)
* What was the experience? Any problems?
- How much effort did you put into your evaluation of the review?
Even if you are not submitting a formal review, your feedback on the
library is welcome.
SG16 list run by firstname.lastname@example.org