[SG16] Terminology

From: Tom Honermann <tom_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 15:27:47 -0400
I'm sending the following as a potential guide for discussion in today's
SG16 telecon. My apologies for the short notice.

The following lists "things" that we may need (new) names for. For those
already present in the standard, the current terms used are included in
parenthesis. If you can think of others, please reply.

  * *The encoding of source files.*
    (Physical source file character set; [lex.phases]p1.1
    <http://eel.is/c++draft/lex.phases#1.1>)
  * *The source character repertoire.*
    (Basic source character set; [lex.charset]p1
    <http://eel.is/c++draft/lex.charset#1>)
  * *The compiler's internal character encoding.*
    (Internal encoding; [lex.phases]p1
    <http://eel.is/c++draft/lex.phases#1.1>)
  * *The character set requirements for the encoding of character and
    string literals.*
    (basic execution character set; [lex.charset]p3
    <http://eel.is/c++draft/lex.charset#3>)
  * *The character set requirements for the encoding of wide character
    and string literals.*
    (basic execution wide-character set; [lex.charset]p3
    <http://eel.is/c++draft/lex.charset#3>)
  * *The encoding of character and string literals.*
    (execution character set; [lex.charset]p3
    <http://eel.is/c++draft/lex.charset#3>)
  * *The encoding of wide character and string literals.*
    (execution wide-character set; [lex.charset]p3
    <http://eel.is/c++draft/lex.charset#3>)
  * *The encoding of character literals when used in conditional
    preprocessing directive.*
    (; [cpp.cond]p12 <http://eel.is/c++draft/cpp.cond#12>)
  * *The encoding of wide character literals when used in conditional
    preprocessing directive.*
    (; [cpp.cond]p12 <http://eel.is/c++draft/cpp.cond#12>)
  * *The encoding of file names.*
    (Native encoding; [fs.path.type.cvt]p1
    <http://eel.is/c++draft/fs.path.type.cvt#1>)
  * *The encoding of wide file names.*
    (Native encoding; [fs.path.type.cvt]p1
    <http://eel.is/c++draft/fs.path.type.cvt#1>)
  * *The Unicode character set.*
    (ISO/IEC 10646; [lex.charset]p2 <http://eel.is/c++draft/lex.charset#2>)
  * *The encoding of characters and strings at run-time.*
    ()
  * *The terminal/console encoding*
    ()

Tom.