Re: [SG16] Redefining Lexing in terms of Unicode

From: Corentin Jabot <corentinjabot_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 18:23:35 +0200
On Thu, May 28, 2020, 18:10 Alisdair Meredith <alisdairm_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> No, in that case I would have to use your reification API
> (Not yet standard) to express what my_spellable_name

Haha, not mine. Daveed and Andrew are doing the reflection work

> maps to, as you want to restrict our ability to make custom
> character mappings - unless I missed something again?

If you can transform all source code your tool can do any arbitrary mapping
it wants without the standard involvement
If you want to transform headers with identifiers refering to names odr
used in an other translation unit you would have to use the hypothetical
reification API discussed above.