Re: [SG16] Redefining Lexing in terms of Unicode

From: Corentin Jabot <corentinjabot_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 17:39:16 +0200
On Thu, May 28, 2020, 17:32 Alisdair Meredith via SG16 <
sg16_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> A more interesting question is whether we expect tools
> to provide a translation layer using \uXXXX in identifiers
> to alias more reasonable names in a user’s native
> encoding?
>
> Thinking of running a script to provide a translation of
> a header with more usable names for my working
> environment.

A yet more interesting question is whether characters outside of what is
defined as the basic source character set appear in interfaces of libraries
that are shared in environments that are not able to represent these
characters.

I haven't seen such characters in identifiers in header files, ever.

AlisdairM