Re: [SG16] Revised and repaired P1949R2 - C++ Identifier Syntax using Unicode Standard Annex 31

From: Hubert Tong <hubert.reinterpretcast_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2020 21:44:25 -0500
On Sat, Feb 22, 2020 at 8:56 PM Steve Downey <sdowney_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Re:
> - The code font tables should be formatted as real tables with headings
> and no extraneous fields.
>
> As rendered right now, the tables are in machine processable Unicode
> database form.

... including the comments, which UAX #44 indicates may change format and
should not be parsed for content.
... but also not including a property name.

> I see the value in making them actual tables, particularly the short ones,
> but there is also some value to having the form used in Unicode
> documentation.

The downside of using the form in the Unicode documentation including the
comments is that there may well be increased maintenance cost. If using the
code font tables, I would suggest a cross-reference to the format
description in UAX #44.

Also, it seems the paper has made __LINE__ not a valid identifier...
However, it does appear that EWG has approved that direction... EWG
guidance on suitable replacements for such identifiers in the standard
might be useful.