Re: [SG16] Revised and repaired P1949R2 - C++ Identifier Syntax using Unicode Standard Annex 31

From: Jens Maurer <Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2020 21:37:33 +0100
On 22/02/2020 19.46, Steve Downey via SG16 wrote:
> Attached are the revised P1949 paper pulling back the changes from D1949R2 as presented and the original source. I've also fixed up formatting problems. The markdown is the original source and is transformed using Michael Parks's wg21 paper system. https://github.com/mpark/wg21 and https://mpark.github.io/programming/2018/11/16/how-i-format-my-cpp-papers/ .
>
> Source for p1949 is https://github.com/steve-downey/papers/blob/master/p1949.md
>
> As this is intended to capture the paper as presented, please just review that it is accurate in that regard. However, I'm absolutely open to any edits or suggestions for R3. In particular, for R3 (or 4) in Varna I'll want to make sure the body of the paper reflects and supports the wording, because I hate when they don't.

Brief comments on the proposed wording for R3 or so:

 - Add periods at the end of the sentences in the new Annex.
 - X.7 needs an empty line
 - Add cross-references from the Annex to the main text where
the normative statement appears.
 - The underline seems to be forgotten in "start" in lex.name
 - diff.cpp20.lex "affected subclause" 5.10: also add section label
 - When referring to ISO 10646, it would probably be helpful to
also give a section number for the rule being relied upon.

Jens